Dr Karimah Shawi (DSc)
Carreer and Qualifications
- PhD, Human Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany; July 2007
Thesis title: Cellular Localization of EMMPRIN Predicts Prognosis of Patients with Operable Lung Adenocarcinoma Independent from MMP-2 and MMP-9
Findings published in The American Magazine of Modern Pathology; co-author, 2008; Immunological Histochemical Staining (double staining of cancer tissue embedded in paraffin).
- MSc, Zoology Immunology & Parasitology Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt; April 1997
Thesis title: Lymphoid Organs Response to Morphine Treatment in Albino Rats
Microscopical and electro-microscopical histological methods of staining tissue.
- BSc, Biology, Specialization: Zoology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA, 1989
Thesis title: Toxic Effects on Chick Embryos
TRAININGS AND COURSES
- Training "Teaching Learning Strategies", 2010, Isserlin-Akademie Augsburg, Germany
- Diploma of Trainer for Dyslexia, 2009-2011, Dyslexia Research Center Klagenfurt, Austria
- Institute of Immunology, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany, 2001-2007
- Dermatological Clinic, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany 1998-2001; Research project "ELISA"
- Akbar Clinic Research Unit, Panama City, Florida, 1991-1992; Immunological methods to detect NK Cells
- Institute of Immunology, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany, 1990
- Educational Cauncelling at different Preschools of Cairo and 6th of October City; 2011-2015
- Project GLO: Giselas Learning Oasis; 2011-continuing
- Beverly Hills School, Cairo, Egypt: Biology teacher, German section, grades 6 to 12, 2006-2007
- Arabic: good command of spoken, good grasp of written
- English: excellent spoken and written English
- German: fluent in spoken and written